[gdal-dev] gdal_rasterize not masking float data

Ned Horning horning at amnh.org
Thu Sep 17 11:52:51 EDT 2009

Hi - I am trying to use a shapefile as a mask for a 32-bit float single
band image in ERDAS img format. When I view the result after running
gdal_rasterize it does not appear to have changed the values in the
image that correspond with the polygons in the shapefile. When I
converted the image (after running gdal_rasterize on it) to the byte
range the masked values magically appeared.

Can anyone explain why this is happening? I'll try it on some more
images but wondered if there is a straightforward explanation.

I am using a recent version of gdal 1.5.4 installed from OSGEO4W on a
Windows 32-bit XP computer

Ned