[gdal-dev] (no subject)

Riki Tiki mongoose_riki at mail.ru
Thu Sep 17 13:48:40 EDT 2009

@Frank and Hermann: Thanks a lot!

My other question is as follows:

1) gdal_translate -of AAIGrid a.tif a.asc

it creates the following: a.asc (ASC File), a.asc.aux (XML Document), and a (IDL project file)...

now to do the reverse i do the following:

2) gdal_translate -of GTiff a.asc a.tif

it creates: a.tif (TIF Image)

but when i open a.tif with ArcGIS it shows that its statistics are not calculated...

Can you tell me how to create the 2) with statistics already computed? So that when i open it in ArcGis for example I do not have to ask ArcGIS to compute the statistics? Thanks a lot!

@Joaquim:

when the AAIGrid is created its format is of the following form:

ncols        250
nrows        398
xllcorner    X.Y
yllcorner    Z.W
cellsize     30.863820105342
NODATA_value    255
 255 255 255 255 255 255 255 255.....

Now, I will be changing the for example this to the following

ncols        250
nrows        398
xllcorner    X.Y
yllcorner    Z.W