[gdal-dev] Re: (Frustrated)Errors when mosaicking geotiff files

Hermann Peifer peifer at gmx.eu
Sun Sep 27 04:30:00 EDT 2009

I am not quite sure what your exact problem is, but the other day, I did the following:

gdalwarp infiles/*.tif outfile.tif

This worked fine. Not even a "too many arguments" error or similar and there were 2113 tiffs in infiles/.

Before running the above, I got rid of the 4G limit by doing:

./configure --with-libtiff=internal

This configure option gives you: "LIBTIFF support: internal (BigTIFF=yes)"

Hope this helps, Hermann