[gdal-dev] how to add a unstandard tag

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Apr 20 08:52:49 EDT 2010

=B7=EB=D1=F3 wrote:
> /Hello everyone,
> /    / i am new with gdal and i need someone help. now i want to create=
=20
> a new geotiff with GDALCreate(),then,i need to add some tags to=20
> geotiff,some of the tags such as createtime and createdate can add=20
> easily,but other information confused me very much. is there anyone who=
=20
> can teach me to add a tag that is not standard.thanks./

=B7=EB=D1=F3,

Generally speaking you cannot add tiff tags beyond those already
specifically supported by the GeoTIFF driver if you go through
GDAL.  It is possible to call GetInternalHandle() on the
GDALDataset object and it should return the "TIFF*" which you could
use to set your own tags if you don't mind calling down into the
TIFF API. This approach might be a bit fragile though.

Best regards,
--=20
-----
I set the clouds in motion - turn up   | Frank Warmerdam, warmerdam at pobox=
.com