[gdal-dev] kyngchaos Framework build doesn't support OGDI

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Wed Apr 21 19:44:11 EDT 2010

Christopher,

There were 2 meaningful changes mades in the OGR OGDI driver during GDAL 1.7
development (http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/changeset/18499 and
http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/changeset/18502)

Could you try downloading and unzipping
http://freefr.dl.sourceforge.net/project/ogdi/OGDI_Test_Suite/3.1/ogdits-3.1.0.zip

then try :

ogrinfo -ro gltp:/vrf/path/to/ogdits-3.1/data/vpf/vm2alv2/texash

This is supposed to work (tested in GDAL autotest suite)

If it doesn't, then I'd suppose it is an issue with the OGDI library in the
framework.
It it works with that dataset, then perhaps this is due to one of the above
changes in the driver that wouldn't work with DNC datasets, but I'm very
skeptical as the changes only affect the layer object whereas your error
would tend to think that the driver doesn't even go to the point of creating
any layer.

Best regards,

Even