[gdal-dev] 4 point, projective warping

Manuel Massing m.massing at warped-space.de
Mon Aug 2 13:17:04 EDT 2010

Hi,

> I'd be very interested in a native GDAL implementation of perspective
> warping. I've done something similar to the work Manuel has done on
> Qgis, having written an in-house application that uses GSL/CBLAS. So I'd
> be happy to help where I can, but as Manuel says, writing robust SVD
> routines is beyond my ken.
>
> So is another dependency the way to go?

Haven't seen any well-tested&stand-alone SVD code with an appropriate license
out there yet :-(

The question is if new transform models should reside in the core
library (like the polynomial/TPS transforms, which makes them programmatically
accessible) or in gdalwarp.

In the latter case, the dependency could be kept fairly peripheral with a
conditional compile.

BTW, weren't there plans for an OpenGL accelerated version of gdalwarp?
Maybe at some point it'll become a stand-alone project (i.e., with separate
build system) anyway...

cheers,

	Manuel