[gdal-dev] java imageio-ext gdal bindings: when a new build?

G. Allegri giohappy at gmail.com
Thu Aug 26 08:41:09 EDT 2010

I've written to the users ml for imageio-ext, but I see that it's
activity is null. I try here, even if can be OT.
I would like to know if there's a roadmap for the release of newer
versions of imageio-ext/gdal. The actual version, released also with
other third party sw (like uDig) still uses gdal 1.4.x.
I've read here and there that packaging gdal bindings for imageio-ext
is quite cumbersome. Some patches are needed to the Swig interface,
etc.. Some of them seem to be already included in gdal 1.7. I don't
know Swig, so I don't dare to try to build the whole packaging by my
own....
Does anyone know if there is work in progress on this topic? (guys
from Geosolutions maybe?).

thanks a lot,
giovanni