[gdal-dev] ERDAS ECW JPEG2000 SDK v4.1

Tamas Szekeres szekerest at gmail.com
Sun Aug 29 14:51:16 EDT 2010

Either the licensing terms or the selected way of distributing the SDK
prevents me to utilize this version at http://vbkto.dyndns.org/sdk/. I
prefer to stay with v3.3 which did eventually compile on both
platforms I wanted to support.

1. As the authors decided to provide the binaries only they should
take the responsibility to support at least the most reasonable
compilers (like VS7 or VS10 x86/x64 from my point of view) and other
operating systems like (Linux/OSX).
2. The current licensing terms don't allow to distribute the binaries
without recording the identity, location and contact information of
the end user, or the packages should prevent access to this portion
for those who don't accept the ECW SDK license.

Best regards,

Tamas