[gdal-dev] Projection issue with a netcdf file

Kyle Shannon ksshannon at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 14:50:32 EST 2010

Frank,
I have been working on this issue for some time and the driver has a quirky
way of handling spatial reference parameters.  If a tag is not present, the
netCDFDataset::FetchCopyParms() function returns a default value.
Currently, those default values are all specified as 0.0.  Because of this,
there is no error and my projection is set with several 0.0 values.  I have
fixed the standard parallel issue on my local machine and it now supports
CF-1 tags(standard_parallel) as well as gdal tags (standard_parallel_1 and
standard_parallel_2).  I would like to continue to update the driver for
other tags that have been added to CF, but still support gdal tags as well,
but I am not sure if my programming methods will be suitable.  I would hate
to do a bunch of work and not be able to incorporate it.  Any thoughts on
how to go about this?

kss
Kyle Shannon
Physical Science Technician