[gdal-dev] gdalwarp query

Chaitanya kumar CH chaitanya.ch at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 07:41:26 EST 2010

Prasad,

gdalwarp stretches the image to fit to the GCPs.

The situation you described is only possible if the GCPs can be located with
a first order polynomial. There will be no need to touch the image file
except to read its filename and the dimensions. In that case you just need a
small script to generate the world file.

gdalwarp may not be the solution to your problem. IMO, there is very little
code overlap to integrate this into gdalwarp.cpp

On Tue, Jan 19, 2010 at 3:56 PM, <SriRam.PrasadBhasker at rmsi.com> wrote:

> Hi.
>
> GDAL Warp generates a Resampled Output Image along with a TFW for a
> provided set of GCP's
>
> My question is .. is there any Parameter by which we keep the raw image
> untouched & generate only the TFW.
>
> By Adjusting the TFW parameters we can position the raw image @
> geopositioned Location..
>
> Any guidance would help immensely.