[gdal-dev] Proposal: gdal_muladd.py

Peder Axensten peder at axensten.se
Mon Jan 25 11:04:26 EST 2010

I need a tool to add images together and I also need a tool to rescale the values of an image. So I have this idea of a tool that can add images together, where each may have its own weight. For example:
    gdal_muladd.py -o result_file *2.2 file1 *-1 file2 file3
would multiply the values of file with 2.2 and add them with -1 times the values of file2 etc.

I have something (based on gdal_merge.py) that seems to work, but still needs some work to handle no_data.

Is there any interest to add this to the gdal collection of tools?

Regards,

Peder Axensten
Research engineer

Forest Resource Management