[gdal-dev] Proposal: gdal_muladd.py

Chaitanya kumar CH chaitanya.ch at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 11:40:38 EST 2010

Peder,

At present, we can get that functionality using the GDAL Virtual Format. (
http://www.gdal.org/gdal_vrttut.html )
There are <ScaleOffset> and <ScaleRatio> values that can be specified within
the <ComplexSource>.

This .vrt file can be used as it is or translated to other formats.

On Mon, Jan 25, 2010 at 9:34 PM, Peder Axensten <peder at axensten.se> wrote:

> I need a tool to add images together and I also need a tool to rescale the
> values of an image. So I have this idea of a tool that can add images
> together, where each may have its own weight. For example:
>    gdal_muladd.py -o result_file *2.2 file1 *-1 file2 file3
> would multiply the values of file with 2.2 and add them with -1 times the
> values of file2 etc.
>
> I have something (based on gdal_merge.py) that seems to work, but still
> needs some work to handle no_data.
>
> Is there any interest to add this to the gdal collection of tools?
>
> Regards,
>
> Peder Axensten
> Research engineer
>
> Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences
> Forest Resource Management
> Remote Sensing Laboratory

Chaitanya kumar CH.
/tʃaɪθənjə/ /kʊmɑr/