[gdal-dev] JPEG2K ECW and Erdas ER Viewer

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Jul 13 10:26:10 EDT 2010

Marc Jacquin wrote:
> Hi all,
>

> We are generating JP2 ECW images with GDAL CSharp binding. OpenEV
> displays them correctly and the gdalinfo reports correct corner
> coordinates. However, Erdas ER Viewer version 10 (formerly ERMapper
> Viewer) cannot find coordinate information. Any idea?

Marc,

After examining the sample file you provided, it seems the geotiff
georeferencing chunk in the .jp2 file does not have a coordinate system.
It may well be that the Erdas ER Viewer "gives up" on reading the
geotiff box if there is no coordinate system, and ignores the coordinates.
I'd suggest also setting a meaningful coordinate system on the file.