[gdal-dev] www.gdal.org permanently moved to OSU OSL Projects VM

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Sun Jul 18 11:13:09 EDT 2010

Folks,

Due to a system compromise on several telascience blades - the previous
home for www.gdal.org - I have permanently migrated the site to the OSGeo
Projects VM at OSU OSL.

This VM supports login for anyone in the "telescience group", as did the old
home.  The site lives in /osgeo/gdal/gdal-web.

I have installed swig 1.3.39 in /usr/local/swig-1.3.39 on this system.  It is
also now used to create the nightly snapshots.  The nightly snapshots now live
in http://www.gdal.org/daily instead of on the download site.  This change was
made because we no longer have ready access to update the download site from
the Projects VM.

Scripts for nightly builds, and updating the web site are in /osgeo/gdal.
Currently everything is owned by me, but I think we will eventually be doing
some magic to make stuff more easily manipulated by other gdal developers.

Lastly, I think www.gdal.org is the best place to make releases as long as
care is taken to have /usr/local/swig-1.3.39/bin in the path to pick up the
correct swig version.