[gdal-dev] PCIDSK Changes, DXF Updates to come

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Sun Jul 18 12:12:17 EDT 2010

Folks,

In the last week or two I have implemented support in the PCIDSK SDK for
writing and updating vector features in PCIDSK format.  I have also updated
the OGR PCIDSK driver to use these features.  This is now all in trunk.

I would add that the PCIDSK driver supports "in place update" with respectable
performance, and thus is suitable as an editable format.  I used the QGIS
vector editing on a PCIDSK file and confirmed that this seems to work ok.

In the coming couple weeks I plan to focus on some upgrades to the OGR DXF
write support described here:

   http://fwarmerdam.blogspot.com/2010/07/ogr-dxf-upgrade.html

I see other new drivers and other developments going on quietly.  I would
encourage the implementors to mention them here.  (ie. gml improvements,
SUA and OpenAir drivers)