[gdal-dev] merging rasters setting opacity

Stefano Iacovella stefano.iacovella at gmail.com
Tue Jul 20 11:22:12 EDT 2010

Dear all

sorry for the newbie question. I did some experiments with gdal but I was
unable gettint to the target.

I have a DTM in ASCII GRID, I produced an hillshade relief with gdaldem
program and saved the ouput in a tiff file.
What I would like to do now is to merge this tiff with an other tiff
containing the DTM with a color ramp rendering. The merge should be done
setting the opacity of one of the two tiff file to avoid complete
overriding. I wonder if this could be done creating a vrt dataset of the two
files and editing the vrt file.
Any hints?

thanks for your hints

stefano iacovella