[gdal-dev] Re: Swig-problem, possibly

Jürgen E. Fischer jef at norbit.de
Wed Jul 21 07:05:07 EDT 2010

Hi Tomas,

On Wed, 21. Jul 2010 at 12:50:31 +0200, Tomas R wrote:
> is that really as it should be? Should really the result depend on files
> from the environment it was compiled in? Must I go back to VSE2008 and
> recompile Gdal to make it work on all machines or is there a setting
> somewhere...

I think so.  At least it has been that way since VS2005.

So VSE2008 should have the same problem, although it's more likely to find the
necessary dependencies - ie. a preinstalled redist package - on the target
machine already.   You just need [1], I suppose.

Jürgen

[1] http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=a7b7a05e-6de6-4d3a-a423-37bf0912db84&displaylang=en

--
Jürgen E. Fischer         norBIT GmbH               Tel. +49-4931-918175-20

Rheinstrasse 13, 26506 Norden