[OSSIM] [gdal-dev] Pretty Much Off Topic: Development IDEs

Massimo Di Stefano massimodisasha at gmail.com
Wed Jun 2 16:09:06 EDT 2010

I'm using :

Spyder [1]
as matlab replacement, it's a relative young project,
has a *lot* of nice feature (see its web page)
like embedded matplotlib, data storage in table (with ) graph sometime i start it from the grass shell
to work directly inside a "grass environment"

and as a simple and lightweight editor i use
Editra [2]
it can run python script, nvavigate trough class, autocompletition etc..
it is really fast when i need to open large files.

while i had bad performance using Eric when i try to load large files.

[1] :  http://packages.python.org/spyder/
[2] : http://editra.org/