[gdal-dev] Proposal to split this list into gdal-dev and gdal-users

Russell McOrmond russell at flora.ca
Wed Mar 3 11:07:47 EST 2010

On Wed, 3 Mar 2010, Frank Warmerdam wrote:

> I have a few concerns with starting a gdal-users.

   As a user I appreciate the heads-up of the developer conversations and
the who-is-who of the administrative conversations.  If the list were
split into 3 I would try to subscribe to all 3.

   I've been a mailing list user for near 20 years, and my experience with
list splits have tended to be negative.  They never quite work out the way
the designers intended, and often end up making the problem they were
attempting to solve (too many messages) worse as people subscribe to
multiple lists and these multiple lists end up being sent the same
messages.

  Please help us tell the Canadian Parliament to protect our property
  rights as owners of Information Technology. Sign the petition!
  http://digital-copyright.ca/petition/ict/     http://KillBillC61.ca

   manufacturers, can pry control over my camcorder, computer,
   home theatre, or portable media player from my cold dead hands!"