[gdal-dev] OGR to Mysql problems

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Thu Mar 4 10:22:49 EST 2010

On Thu, Mar 4, 2010 at 1:27 PM, Pablo Carreira
<pablotcarreira at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Even,
>  I don't know much of programming. I'am using the GRASS v.out.ogr tool to
> export from GRASS to Mysql.
> Do you think it's a GRASS bug?

Hi Pablo,

how old is your GRASS version?

> I had tryied ogr2ogr from command line in windows but I got this error:
>
> c:\>ogr2ogr -f mysql MYSQL:geodados,user=root,password=xxxxxx,host=localhost
> /grassdata/utmwgs23/geral/vector/areas_recuperacao_trabalhado/head
> -overwrite -lco spatial_index=no
>
> Warning 1: GRASS warning: Line♦ of ellipsoid table file
> <c:\osgeo4w\apps\grass\grass-6.a.0svn/etc/ellipse.table> is invalid

I observe that there is a mixture of \ and / mixed...  (also
grass-6.a.0svn is funny,
note the "a"?).

OSGeo4W-GRASS has been updated recently and should have all needed fixes
for the \ and / confusion. Perhaps it comes from the GRASS-GDAL plugin? I darkly
remember that it opens the ellipsoid table.

Markus