[gdal-dev] Problem loading S-57 charts

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Mar 16 07:50:23 EDT 2010

Eggert Jon Magnusson wrote:
> Hi there.
>
> I've got problems loading certain local S-57 charts exported
> especially for me by a Hydrographic office into my application.  It
> appears that when accessing a feature via GetNextFeature(), something
> crashes.  I've tried the latest fwtools and the problem exists there,
> as well.  This is probably something incorrectly exported in the S57
> chart, zero pointer or some-such, and I can probably write myself
> around this specific chart, but I'm concerned that the problem can pop
> up at any time.
>
> I'm not able to send the files, since they are not public, so I'm at a
> bit of a loss - is there a way to get fwtools to generate a crash
> report?
>
> My application uses Python, btw., and Gdal.VersionInfo() returns 1500.

Eggert,

The FWTools builds are done without debugging information.  If you wish
to investigate this problem you would either need to build GDAL/OGR yourself
from source and debug information and track it down in the debugger or find
a way to provide the problem file to a developer who could investigate the
problem.

Note that I am prepared to treat files as confidential with appropriate
notice, though I will not sign a non-disclosure for such purposes except
for paying clients.

If you can't do either of the above, then you are out of luck.