[gdal-dev] Re: rgdal source code

Jason Roberts jason.roberts at duke.edu
Mon Mar 29 11:12:47 EDT 2010

Roger,

Thanks for the info. I have never built GDAL with MSYS before, only with the
various Microsoft compilers. The GDAL team provides pre-configured build
environments for those compilers that produce the library with names
gdal16.dll, gdal17.dll, etc. I assumed that it would work that way for other
compilers as well. In any case, I have some interest in the architecture of
rgdal and may follow up with you about it in the future.

My colleagues and I would like to see rgdal on 64-bit Windows but
unfortunately we cannot contribute any time to porting it. However, we do
have at least one 64-bit server and if you are blocked on access to a
suitable machine, I might be able to arrange for you to use ours via Windows
Remote Desktop. The machine is currently running the 32-bit OS so our IT
guys would have to reinstall it. This would likely take some time to
schedule so I don't know that it could be done soon enough for you to make
the R 2.11 date. But if you are interested, contact me offline and I'll see
what can be done.

Best,

Jason