[gdal-dev] Installing additional packages for python in OSGeo4W

Matt Wilkie matt.wilkie at gov.yk.ca
Thu May 6 15:39:17 EDT 2010

Hi Aleksey,

With regard to ipython, if you register the o4w python with windows[1]
you should be able to run the standard ipy windows installer, which will
put ipy in %pythonhome%\Lib\site-packages. This may work for the other
extra programs too.

[1] optional package to register python in Windows registry -
http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo4w/ticket/114

Longer term, I'd like see ipython added to the o4w packages list, but
have not had the time to devote to it yet.

cheers,

matt wilkie
Geomatics Analyst
Information Management and Technology