[gdal-dev] Re: srs definition for wgs84

Imran Rajjad rajjad at gmail.com
Thu May 13 08:44:11 EDT 2010

Hi,

I tried the following command , i guess I`m not getting the correct syntax here

regards,
Imran

ogr2ogr -f OCI OCI:mdsys/mediation at 10.0.80.31:1521/attmsd
parceldata.shp -skipfailures -lco SRID=4326 DIM=2 GEOMETRY_NAME=GEOM
-lnl TABLE_NAME_IN_ORACLE=Parcel1

On Thu, May 13, 2010 at 5:02 PM, Jukka Rahkonen
<jukka.rahkonen at mmmtike.fi> wrote:
> Peter J Halls <P.Halls <at> york.ac.uk> writes:
>

>> Imran,
>>
>>     the Oracle SRID value of 8192 *is* WGS84.  Oracle does not store the EPSG
>> values, but has its own set.
>
> Starting from Oracle 10g or something it supports also EPSG codes. Old codes are
> still supported by Oracle but other programs usually do not understand Oracle
> SRID codes. Fortunately they are no more needed. But I think that the correct
> way to give target SRID with ogr Oracle driver is not to use -a_srs but the
> Layer Creation Option -lco SRID=4326.
>
> -Jukka Rahkonen-

I.R