[gdal-dev] Re: GDAL 1.7 and GML3

Jukka Rahkonen jukka.rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Mon May 24 08:16:07 EDT 2010

Even Rouault <even.rouault <at> mines-paris.org> writes:

> Jukka,
>
> In http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/browser/trunk/autotest/ogr/ogr_gml_geom.py , you
> can have an overview of a few GML 3 supported geometries.
>
> The best is that you try and report what doesn't work so that it gets possibly
> improved.

Hi,

I had a try with some feature types coming from Geoserver WFS 1.1.0. Ogr2ogr
converts GML33 points, linestrings and multisurfaces (containing ->Polygons->
LinearRings) into shapefiles without problems.

Our WFS is using UTF-8 encoding. When I open the shapefiles which I created with
ogr2ogr all non-ASCII characters in my attributes look pretty odd. I can't find
any switch in ogr2ogr for controlling character encoding. Is is somewhere hidden?

-Jukka Rahkonen-