[gdal-dev] S-57 Driver WRONG Geometry

Bogdan Grama bogdan.grama at soft-union.ro
Thu May 27 10:08:59 EDT 2010

Dear Frank

Please find in the archive (http://www.wgs.ro/gdal/0_w.zip):

-the ENC
-GDAL Interpretation
-correct  Interpretation

The assembled geometry is not according with specifications. Each
referenced edge starts and ends with a ConnectedNode. Not all the
Connected nodes are present in the feature geometry dump.

This is not all. If the file is rendered with Sevencs
(http://www.sevencs.com/service-products/download) and few others
viewers the rendering is correct.
For GDAL, ESRI FME, Caris the geometry is not correct.

Regards,

Bogdan