[gdal-dev] Re: DXF writing and layers

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed Nov 3 18:53:19 EDT 2010

On Mon, Nov 1, 2010 at 6:52 AM, Andreas Neumann <a.neumann at carto.net> wrote:
> While testing the writer I wanted to use the new feature of specifying a
> column in the source dataset that contains the layer name a feature should
> end up in the destination dxf file.
>
> My source is a Postgis table, and the layer name is stored in a column
> called "layer".
>
> I don't know the correct dataset creation option (dsco) or layer creation
> option (lco) to specify the column containing the layernames.
>
> I tried:
>
> -dsco LayerName=layer
> -dsco layer=layer
> -lco LayerName=layer
> -lco layer=layer
>
> But no matter which of the above options I try, all my features end up in
> layer "0".
>
> If anyone has a hint how I could issue the ogr2ogr command so I can
> specify the layer a feature should end up in, it would be much
> appreciated!

Andreas,

Currently the dxf writer only looks for the attribute named Layer
to identify the layer name.  It sounds like in your case it should
work directly since the Postgres column name is also "layer".

If it is not, please file a ticket and I'll dig into it.  Providing
an input dataset to demonstrate the problem would be
helpful.