[gdal-dev] Re: DXF writing and layers

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Thu Nov 4 12:57:57 EDT 2010

Hi again,

I am wondering if most of my issues are a result of wrong parameters in my
ogr2ogr command:

Here is my command:

ogr2ogr -select '' -f DXF test_ogr.dxf -dsco
header=header_export_werkplan_abwasser.dxf -spat 695700 245900 696000
246100 PG:"dbname='uster' host='servername' port='5432' user='read'
password='reader' schemas=abwasser
tables=abwasser.export_dxf_geo405(the_geom)"

So maybe the -select '' causers ogr to not read the attribute values and
thus it cannot see layer, blockname, etc.?

That's probably the case.

If I use
ogr2ogr -f DXF test_ogr.dxf -dsco
header=header_export_werkplan_abwasser.dxf -spat 695700 245900 696000
246100 PG:"dbname='uster' host='servername' port='5432' user='read'
password='reader' schemas=abwasser
tables=abwasser.export_dxf_geo405(the_geom)"

note - without the -select '' I receive error messages:

ERROR 1: DXF layer does not support arbitrary field creation, field
'blockscale' not created.
ERROR 1: DXF layer does not support arbitrary field creation, field
'blockangle' not created.
ERROR 1: DXF layer does not support arbitrary field creation, field
'layer_geo405' not created.
ERROR 1: DXF layer does not support arbitrary field creation, field
'ogr_style' not created.
ERROR 1: DXF layer does not support arbitrary field creation, field 'gid'
not created.
ERROR 1: DXF layer does not support arbitrary field creation, field
'blockname' not created.

I still get an output dxf - but as soon as I open it in autocad, Autocad
crashes with a fatal error. FME can't read the resulting file either.

Andreas

--
Andreas Neumann
http://www.carto.net/neumann/