[gdal-dev] problem with gdaltindex

Imran Rajjad rajjad at gmail.com
Wed Nov 24 01:08:32 EST 2010

Hi.

Im trying to generate an index shape file for serveral geotiff files
in the same directory and I am using gdaltindex -tileindex for that.
It seems to work fine with complete file name but is not accepting
wildcards incase I want to add all the files in the index.

my command line of WinXp

E:\files>gdaltindex -tileindex location test *.tif
ERROR 4: Unable to open test.shp or test.SHP.
Creating new index file...
ERROR 4: `*.tif' does not exist in the file system,
and is not recognised as a supported dataset name.

Unable to open *.tif, skipping.

any idea what I am doing wrong here?

regards,
Imran