[gdal-dev] Re: how can I compile GDAL 1.7.3 with ecw 4.1 in Virsual Studio 2010

GeoJoda joseph4774 at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 25 09:14:24 EST 2010

Hi again
Finally I managed to compile ecw dll as part of gdal. This means I do not
need to declare a system variable to tell where ecw gdal plugin is located.
I ran gdalinfo - format:
 Bingo found
Supported Formats:
  ECW (ro): ERMapper Compressed Wavelet
  JP2ECW (ro): ERMapper JPEG2000
But when I try to run gdal17.dll with MapServer, I get this error message:
load output format ():
General error message. OUTPUT FORMAT clause references driver GDAL / ECW,
men this driver isn't Configured.; msInitGDALOutputFormat ():
General error message. GDAL `ECW` driver ikke support output.

I get this error message only when I include. Ecw file in mapFile. This
means that solution with the new gdal thrived without ecw.
So question is am I missing some configurations for MapServer or what?
I will attach this time the new gdal17.dll, gdalinfo.exe and MapServer. So
maybe can someone tell me what's going on?
the rest Iam using mapscript_csharp.dll.

thanks
http://osgeo-org.1803224.n2.nabble.com/file/n5774457/gdal17.zip gdal17.zip