[gdal-dev] Re: Updating GDAL on OSGEO4w (windows)

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Nov 30 12:19:16 EST 2010

Luisa Peña wrote:

> Hello Jurgen
>
>     But you're running gdalinfo from the same shell, that you ran
>     gdal16/gdal17/gdaldev and your current directory is _not_
>     %OSGEO4W_ROOT%\bin?
>

> Uhm Maybe I wasn't clear.
> I run gdal16 in C:/osgeo4w/bin and then I did gdalinfo --version
>
> I attached a screenshot that exemplifies it

Luisa,

The problem is that you were in C:\OSGeo4W\bin at the time you
ran gdalinfo.  Executables in the local directory take precidence
over what is at the front of the path.  If you did it from another
location you should see you are running the 1.6.x version.

Thanks for the screen shot - it helps at lot to see exactly what you
were doing in context to diagnose an issue like this.