[gdal-dev] OGR2OGR S57

timg timg at boatinghowto.com
Fri Oct 22 02:20:29 EDT 2010

I am new to this so pardon me if I ask a stupid question.  I have
successfully used the ogr utility to convert an s57 ENC to kml format for
overlay on google earth.  So now I have a google earth layer with a
bazillion yellow pushpins...haha.  So My question...Is it possible to use
ogr to just pull out a specific layer from the s57 and make that layer a kml
file, and if so is it possible to pull out more than one layer at a time?

I looked at the ogr2ogr commands but can't figure out how to do this, if it
can be done would you please give me an example command to enter into the
shell.

my source file is master.000 and the kml file will be 099.kml

thank you
Tim