[gdal-dev] OGR2OGR S57

pcreso at pcreso.com pcreso at pcreso.com
Fri Oct 22 14:59:59 EDT 2010

Hi Tim,

S57 is a pretty complex format, so I suggest you look at an intermediate format that is supported by some sort of data management capability so you can work with it & select what is to converted to kml.

Postgis is the obvious one, or you could use shapefiles with ogr & something like QGIS to work with your dataset to select the features you are after.

ogr has limited selection/query capanbility, but I'm not sure how well supported this is for S57 data input.

HTH,

 Brent Wood