[gdal-dev] Intent to Package GDAL/OGR 1.7.3

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Oct 26 13:02:20 EDT 2010

Folks,

I would like to package GDAL/OGR 1.7.3 in the near future.  Does anyone
have anything they see as critical for a 1.7.3 release?  If I don't hear
anything back, I hope to prepare a release candidate before the end of this
week.

To the best of my knowledge we don't have a formal release procedure for
point releases yet for GDAL, so I'll take the approach of initiating an
RC and then calling for a motion to adopt it after a bit of testing.

Hopefully soon we can get the 1.8.0 release train moving.  So please also
think about any significant changes that are needed before that can occur.