[gdal-dev] Re: warp, translate and world files

Paul Meems bontepaarden at gmail.com
Wed Oct 27 04:32:37 EDT 2010

Hermann,

You're right the size difference is because of PNG8 or PNG24.

I'm now on the gdal_warp track again. But I can't produce a PNG file. When I
use -ot PNG I get this list of supported file formats:
  VRT: Virtual Raster
  GTiff: GeoTIFF
  NITF: National Imagery Transmission Format
  HFA: Erdas Imagine Images (.img)
  ELAS: ELAS
  MEM: In Memory Raster
  BMP: MS Windows Device Independent Bitmap
  PCIDSK: PCIDSK Database File
  ILWIS: ILWIS Raster Map
  SGI: SGI Image File Format 1.0
  Leveller: Leveller heightfield
  Terragen: Terragen heightfield
  ERS: ERMapper .ers Labelled
  JP2ECW: ERMapper JPEG2000
  RMF: Raster Matrix Format
  RST: Idrisi Raster A.1
  INGR: Intergraph Raster
  GSBG: Golden Software Binary Grid (.grd)
  PNM: Portable Pixmap Format (netpbm)
  ENVI: ENVI .hdr Labelled
  EHdr: ESRI .hdr Labelled
  PAux: PCI .aux Labelled
  MFF: Vexcel MFF Raster
  MFF2: Vexcel MFF2 (HKV) Raster
  BT: VTP .bt (Binary Terrain) 1.3 Format
  IDA: Image Data and Analysis
  ADRG: ARC Digitized Raster Graphics
  SAGA: SAGA GIS Binary Grid (.sdat)

Does this mean I haven't build my GDAL properly? If not can you give me a
hint on how to enable png support in the make files?

Thanks,

Paul