[gdal-dev] NoData vs metadata confusion

Chaitanya kumar CH chaitanya.ch at gmail.com
Thu Oct 28 07:09:34 EDT 2010

Oyvind,

GDAL handles nodata values band by band, whereas in MrSID all the bands of
the particular pixel location must match the nodata values for that pixel to
be considered nodata.
Currently nodata values are ignored in this driver. I don't know if anything
is planned for future releases.

On Thu, Oct 28, 2010 at 4:21 PM, Oyvind Idland <oyvind.idland at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hello,
>
> stumbled across a problem when reading MrSid:
>
> The MrSid dataset contains 3 bands, R/G/B. None of the 3 bands gives me a
> GetNoDataValue(),
> however, the metadata contains IMAGE__NO_DATA_VALUE=255,255,255.
>
> Does this mean, that I have to check for both cases ?
>
> The version is GDAL 1.7.2.
>

> Regards,
>

> Oyvind Idland

Chaitanya kumar CH.