[gdal-dev] Re: Copy only georeference between two images

christian.mueller at nvoe.at christian.mueller at nvoe.at
Mon Sep 13 11:35:08 EDT 2010

I see your image is LZW compressed, AFAIK this is the same for png images.

Try the following

1) use gdal_translate to create a png file and a corresponding world
file from your shifted image.
2) Open the world file with an editor and adjust the values
3) use gdal_translate to create a geotiff from the png file.
The interesting options are

-a_srs EPSG:32631
-co "COMPRESSION=LZW"
-of TIFF

4) Use gdalinfo and check the result

Perhaps there is a shorter way, but this is the way I would try it.

Cheers
Christian