[gdal-dev] Re: Copy only georeference between two images

canduc17 candini at meeo.it
Tue Sep 14 05:17:07 EDT 2010

Thank you everyone.
I thought it was simpler.

@Ralf Suhr-3
I have produced the ftw file as you suggested:
           10.0000000000
            0.0000000000
            0.0000000000
          -10.0000000000
       584018.5625000000
      5147058.5000000000
but why the values are different from gdalinfo?
gdalinfo img.tif | grep Origin
Origin = (584013.562500000000000,5147063.500000000000000)
And what I'm suppose to do whith that? What is the file without
georeferentiation?

@Ivan Lucena
Unfortunately I don't have python support in my GDAL installation and I
cannot recompile it.
Using gdal_translate is ok, but is there another way to avoid rewriting on
disk the image (which is quite big)?
Is not possible to "paste" the info obtained by gdalinfo into my second
image?

@christian.mueller-
If it's exist, I would prefer an automatic way to solve my problem...