[gdal-dev] GDALDataset blocks in different thread

James Meyer jamesm at lantic.net
Thu Sep 16 14:57:51 EDT 2010

Hi Even

Thanks for the reply. I ran your code and it doesn't block with your
sample tiff file.
It blocks with any .pix files (driver: PCIDSK Database File) with the
output being:

*********************
in thread
finished

/I am running Ubuntu 10.04 and have GDAL 1.7 on my system installed
through the package manager.
CPL_MULTIPROC_PTHREAD is 1.

When I debug the program with gdb and reach the line that blocks, gdb
blocks along with the line. I also can't step into the call to
GDALChecksumImage.
Of course I might be debugging it wrong.

Any ideas?