[gdal-dev] Quick dataset close

Christiaan Janssen cjanssen at iavo-rs.com
Wed Sep 22 10:02:45 EDT 2010

Is there a way to quickly close a large dataset using the API? For instance,
I'm writing to very large TIFF file at which point the user cancels, the
code in turn stops what it's doing, closes the dataset, and deletes the
file. The problem is, since the file is around 5GB the close dataset
function will flush out the remaining file since it believes I'm done
writing, where in reality I would prefer it to just close it, leaving it in
an invalid state, so I can promptly delete it (or GDAL could close and
delete it itself if it wanted doesn't matter to me). Thanks.

Christiaan