[gdal-dev] Backward incompatible changes in the OGR style string format (r19724)

Tamas Szekeres szekerest at gmail.com
Thu Sep 23 14:06:51 EDT 2010

2010/9/23 Daniel Morissette <dmorissette at mapgears.com>

> Updates have to be committed upstream, ideally by submitting a ticket at
> http://bugzilla.maptools.org/ ... eventually I should open the MITAB CVS
> repository to more GDAL committers to facilitate this process.
>
> I have to admit that as new GDAL committers have started making changes
> to ogr/ogrsf_fmrts/mitab without making sure the fix is propagated
> upstream we've kind of lost control and are in front of a bit of a mess
> at the moment.

Daniel,

Count me as a "new" committer as I've also done some changes in this part,
however bug has also been added with these changes at
http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/ticket/3687 ;-)  We may indeed forget to
duplicate this into the other BugTracker which would require a more
advertised policy to follow. Or we could leave the things as it is, and
periodically update all the changes in gdal back to the main stream.

Best regards,

Tamas