[gdal-dev] kmlsuperoverlay driver

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri Sep 24 09:52:19 EDT 2010

Vincent Schut wrote:
>  On 09/23/2010 02:48 PM, Vincent Schut wrote:
>>  Hi,
>>
>> I was curious about the new gdal klmsuperoverlay driver
>> (frmts/kmlsuperoverlay). I have installed minizip, and ran make in the
>> frmts/kmlsuperoverlay folder, which resulted in a
>> kmlsuperoverlaydataset.o. Now what? How would I incorporate this into
>> my gdal lib, either internally or as a plugin? I tried to search
>> google to no avail, documentation (or my searching abilities) appears
>> to be a bit sparse...
>
> No one?
>
> Shamelessly bumping my own message with some more info:
> I've tried creating a .so from the .o (gcc -shared
> -Wl,-soname,kmlsuperoverlaydataset.so -o kmlsuperoverlaydataset.so

Vincent,

plugins have to have a filename of the form "gdal_<drivername>.so"
and the registration entry point for the driver in that .so has to be
of the form "GDALRegister_<drivername>".  I see the registration entry
point is GDALRegister_KMLSUPEROVERLAY() so you should name the .so
gdal_KMLSUPEROVERLAY.so

I'll leave it up to Harsh Govind to answer questions about the driver itself.