[gdal-dev] Why not netCDF output?

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Mon Sep 27 15:39:14 EDT 2010

Le lundi 27 septembre 2010 21:20:02, Joaquim Luis a écrit :
> Thanks Even,
>
> I think that's the second time you explain me that (sorry, an easy thing
> to forget), but the docs could be a bit clearer about this. For example
>
> *--formats*
>     List all raster formats supported by this GDAL build (read-only and
>     read-write) and exit. The format support is indicated as follows:
>     'ro' is read-only driver; 'rw' is read or write (ie. supports
>     CreateCopy); 'rw+' is read, write and update (ie. supports Create).
>
> so I though the + was for updating

What would you suggest to be clearer ?

> A second point is that the command I used shows a bug in gdalwarp. In
> that the "lixo.grd" is a grid extracted from one the etopo_something
> (actually a regrid version created by me) saning [-180 180] [0 90] and
> the bug is that at dateline there is a stripe of nodata.
> Since the grid is too big to post in a ticket, can you please try to
> reproduce this?

Yes I reproduce it too. I managed to solve it by increasing the SAMPLE_STEPS
warping option to 60 for example (input source is 5120 x 2560). See
http://gdal.org/structGDALWarpOptions.html for more explanations

gdalwarp world.tif  -t_srs "+proj=ortho +lon_0=-42 +lat_0=40 +ellps=WGS84"
out.tif -overwrite -wo SAMPLE_STEPS=60