[gdal-dev] Why not netCDF output?

Joaquim Luis jluis at ualg.pt
Mon Sep 27 16:11:43 EDT 2010

On 27-09-2010 20:39, Even Rouault wrote:
> Le lundi 27 septembre 2010 21:20:02, Joaquim Luis a écrit :
>
>> Thanks Even,
>>
>> I think that's the second time you explain me that (sorry, an easy thing
>> to forget), but the docs could be a bit clearer about this. For example
>>
>> *--formats*
>>      List all raster formats supported by this GDAL build (read-only and
>>      read-write) and exit. The format support is indicated as follows:
>>      'ro' is read-only driver; 'rw' is read or write (ie. supports
>>      CreateCopy); 'rw+' is read, write and update (ie. supports Create).
>>
>> so I though the + was for updating
>>
> What would you suggest to be clearer ?

Well, using your own words, and to not extend the wording too much.
Something like

... 'rw+' is read, write and update (ie. supports Create). Note: The
valid formats for the output of gdalwarp are formats that support the
Create() method, not just the CreateCopy() method.

> Yes I reproduce it too. I managed to solve it by increasing the
> SAMPLE_STEPS
> warping option to 60 for example (input source is 5120 x 2560). See
> http://gdal.org/structGDALWarpOptions.html for more explanations
>
> gdalwarp world.tif  -t_srs "+proj=ortho +lon_0=-42 +lat_0=40 +ellps=WGS84"
> out.tif -overwrite -wo SAMPLE_STEPS=60

Thanks. It worked for me too. I have followed this issue that is
recurrent here in different disguises.
If it was easy to solve you guys would have done it long ago, but about
a warning message when this problem arises?
I mean, is there any doable way to detect a posteriori that the shit
happened and the SAMPLE_STEPS can help clean it?

Joaquim