[gdal-dev] gdal_rasterize -tr and -te

Hermann Peifer peifer at gmx.eu
Thu Sep 30 13:16:16 EDT 2010

  On 30/09/2010 18:50, Even Rouault wrote:
>> Lower Right ( 4994200, 3010800)
>>
>> There is probably no way of convincing gdal_rasterize to do the maths,
>> based on the provided tr and te values?
> No there isn't. This is a bit too specialized requirement... Your best help is
> some Python GDAL scripting to create the output file before using
> gdal_rasterize

OK. Thanks for replying. Currently I have a simple one-liner in my
batch-processing shell scripts, something like:

myExtent=$(ogrinfo -al -so my.shp | awk '/^Extent/{ do the maths }')

At work, we are taking this "standard grid" issue pretty serious, but
indeed, we might be the only ones worldwide with such a business rule.

Hermann