[gdal-dev] Windows link issue with Poppler/PDF

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Sun Apr 10 13:43:15 EDT 2011

Hello,

On windows using Visual Studio 2008 I have compiled poppler.lib (from
poppler-0.16.4, using cmake), excellent, and if I cd to /frmts/pdf and
'nmake /f makefile.vc' there are no problems; however during GDAL's link
I get the following error:

*******
poppler.lib(GlobalParams.obj) : error LNK2005: _DllMain at 12 already
defined in gdaldllmain.
obj
    Creating library gdal_i.lib and object gdal_i.exp
gdal19dev.dll : fatal error LNK1169: one or more multiply defined
symbols found
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio
9.0\VC\BIN\link.EXE"
' : return code '0x491'
Stop.
*******

(I have tried both GDAL-1.8.0 and trunk, same error)

Anyone see what I am doing wrong, or give me some hints as to how to
solve this "DLLMain already defined" problem?  Thanks.

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna
http://www.gatewaygeomatics.com/