[gdal-dev] Re: dev-version of HDF4

Nikolaos Hatzopoulos nhatzop at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 11:03:22 EDT 2011

when does the gcc ....
you must have: -L/Users/knutfd/Software/hdf-4.2.5/lib
in order to find the lib

so you need to do before the compile:
export LDFLAGS="$LDFLAGS -L/Users/knutfd/Software/hdf-4.2.5/lib"
and obviously you are going to need the include files also:
export CPPFLAGS="$CPPFLAGS -I/Users/knutfd/Software/hdf-4.2.5/include"

I am not quite sure if export is going to work or setenv
in setenv you don't need the equal I am not an expert in c shell

this kind of problem is because the tools are not install in a standard path
library
like /usr/lib and /usr/include so you have to define compilation flags