[gdal-dev] compiling GDAL with GEOS support.

Jerl Simpson jsimpson at wxtrends.com
Wed Aug 17 12:19:20 EDT 2011

Hi:

I'm having a strange issue when compiling GDAL with GEOS support.

I wonder if someone can help.

When I enable GEOS support using "--with-geos=/usr/local/bin/geos-config" I
get the following errors:

gdal/.libs/libgdal.so: undefined reference to `GEOSWKBWriter_create'
gdal/.libs/libgdal.so: undefined reference to `GEOSSimplify'
gdal/.libs/libgdal.so: undefined reference to `GEOSWKBWriter_write'
gdal/.libs/libgdal.so: undefined reference to
`GEOSWKBWriter_setOutputDimension'
gdal/.libs/libgdal.so: undefined reference to `GEOSUnionCascaded'
gdal/.libs/libgdal.so: undefined reference to `GEOSFree'
gdal/.libs/libgdal.so: undefined reference to `GEOSWKBWriter_destroy'
gdal/.libs/libgdal.so: undefined reference to
`GEOSGeom_getCoordinateDimension'

This happens when I use GEOS from the stable tarball download, the svn dev
trunk, and with svn  3.3branch checkout.

Does anyone have any ideas what might be causing this and how to fix it??

Thanks,

Jerl