[gdal-dev] VPF support

Martin Spott Martin.Spott at mgras.net
Wed Aug 31 09:52:39 EDT 2011

"Sommer, Martin" wrote:

> current OGDI sources (betas) need a bit of tweaking, if you want it to build yourself.
> Version 3.1.5 is far way better to build.

It's just an imprecise annotation, yet I'd like to share my findings
with you that the simple joy of getting an OGDI library built without
errors doesn't necessarily yield a working result.

Everybody who ever had a look at the VMap0 land cover data is familiar
with the 'usual' voids in northern Africa, middle east and Asia.  Yet,
when converting VMap0 into Shapefiles using the "3.2" version of OGDI
which is included in Linux Debian/AMD64, I've encountered many more
void areas then I was used to.
As a consequence I built OGDI 3.1.5 on 32 bit Linux in order to get the
familiar results.  I have to admit that I forgot wether the difference
was due to the OGDI version or some 32/64 bit mismatch.

Cheers,
	Martin.