[gdal-dev] 1.9 Release Process

Dave.DeHaan at sybase.com Dave.DeHaan at sybase.com
Mon Dec 19 13:23:50 EST 2011

Hello Frank and other GDAL/OGR devs,

I announced on this list a couple months back that I would have a co-op
student writing an OGR driver for SQL Anywhere 12.  The driver is now
complete, and over the last few weeks we've been performing
application-level testing with ogr2ogr, MapServer, and QGIS.  Everything
appears to work smoothly.

The timing of this GDAL/OGR 1.9 release caught us a bit by surprise, but we
have everything ready for submission as a TRAC patch except for our
employer's legal consent to release our code under the X11/MIT License.
Assuming we obtain the requisite permission for contribution within the
next day or so, is it still possible to get this new driver into 1.9?

We will do our best to get the approved fast-tracked and our code submitted
as a TRAC patch shortly.  It would help if the OGR community could give us
some indication of whether or not it is feasible to get this included in
1.9.

Thanks!
Dave DeHaan

PS - We would strongly prefer that the SQL Anywhere driver be compiled in
by default.  To facilitate this, we have structured our driver so that
everything necessary to compile it can be contributed to the project.  Our
patch would include a few interface licensed under Apache v2.0 (since that
is how they were released previously), but the terms of that license are
very similar to X11/MIT.

----
David E. DeHaan
SQL Anywhere Query Processing team